Hello There and welcome to one of Fort Mill’s most sought after Communities. Baxter Village has so much to offer that we could not resist telling you about the new merchants that have joined the Baxter Family…
- The Bump - This is due to open in the spring and will feature Maternity clothing and an infant boutique.
- Prescott Family Dentistry – Dr. Jason Prescott has a beautiful state of the art office in Suite 201. He provides dental care for the whole family including cosmetic dentistry. Visit www.prescottfamilydentistry.com or call 803-802-7878 for more information.
- Baxter Nails & Spa – This spa offers the only child-sized pedicure chairs in the area! The chairs come with flat screens and DVD players for your little princess ( or Prince). They also use disposable pedicure trays for added sanitation. Their services include complete nail care, waxing, and facials. They have a beautiful space with flat screen TV’s, a salt water aquarium, and privacy curtains in the pedicure area. Visit them online at www.baxternailsandspa.com or call 803-578-9008 for more information.
- The Playroom Academy of Music – was temporarily open in Suite 101 in the exchange building. They are selling sticks, strings, instruments and other music related merchandise, with a focus on gift certificates and signing students up for lessons at The Playroom Academy. The studio is under construction upstairs, and should be open in January. The Playroom Academy uses a patent applied teaching method that is designed to ensure that students get the most out of their lessons and practice time. They are dedicated to offering easy to understand lessons that will provide students with proficient musical knowledge using a method that students of all ages can appreciate and benefit from. Lessons will be offered in all traditional band and orchestral instruments along with guitar, bass, vocals, piano, drums, mandolin and banjo. They will also offer classes in Music Production, Audio Engineering, and Computer Based Recording. Summer Music “Camps” will also be offered along with Preschool music programs for tots and after school programs for older kids! Visit www.theplayroomacademy.com or call 803-802-NOTE for more information.
If you or someone you know is interested in Buying a home in the Baxter Village Community, please contact the Carolina Realty Team at 803-802-0640 and an agent will assist you. You can also search properties on our web site at: www.carolinarealtyteam.com.
Please Join Us This Saturday for some fun!
The Carolina Realty Team will have a booth at the Fall Festival this Saturday from 12-6. The festival is located on Market Street in the Baxter Village Community.
We will be having 2 story book sessions for the kids and we will also be having a free gift card drawing. Details to follow…
CELL PHONES FOR SOLDIERS…
Also, we will be a drop off location for the Cell Phones for Soldiers program. Please bring your unused cell phones that you are no longer using. The proceeds from donating the phones will be used to purchase calling cards for our troops so they can stay connected with their families.
We look forward to seeing you there. For more information, please call 803-802-0640.
NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun said, “Much of the momentum is from people responding to the first-time buyer tax credit, which is freeing up many sellers to make a trade and buy another home.” Affordability conditions this year are the highest since the data was first recorded in 1970.
The U.S. Senate will soon be voting on two amendments that may extend the first-time homebuyer tax credit. Of the amendments that will be proposed, NAR is supporting only the bipartisan Dodd-Lieberman-Isakson Amendment. This amendment allows an $8,000 credit to ALL homebuyers with income limits of $150,000-$300,000 and would expire on June 30, 2010.
September National Sales
Existing Home Sales: Up 9.4% from August at an annualized rate of 5.57 million units, and 9.2% higher than September 2008
Inventory: Down 7.5 % to 3.63 million units, an 7.8 month supply, 15.0% lower inventory than September 2008
Median Price: $174,900 down 8.5% from September 2008 (All residential types)
West: Up 13.0% from last month and up 5.7% from last year. Median price = $219,000, down 15.0% from September 2008
Midwest: Up 9.6% from last month and up 7.8% from last year. Median price = $147,600, down 1.0% from September 2008
South: Up 9.0% from last month and up 10.8% from last year. Median price = $153,500, down 7.6% from September 2008
Northeast: Up 4.4% from last month and up 11.8% from last year. Median price = $234,700, down 7.0% from September 2008
September Practitioner Survey of NAR Members
- Distressed properties make up 29% of all sales.
- First-time home buyers constitute 45% of all transactions so far this year.
If you are contemplating buying or selling, we can provide up to date market information in your neighborhood. Call Becky Smith of RE/MAX Metro/Carolina Realty Team at 803-804-3375 or e-mail Becky@CarolinaRealtyTeam.com.
HGTV offers many ways to add value to your home without spending a lot of money. It can be cost effective for Sellers to do some simple projects which will enhance the home value plus shorten the days on the market.
Click the link to watch the video clip.
Thinking of selling your home? Call Carolina Realty Team/Becky Smith at 704-588-7442 or e-mail becky@CarolinaRealtyTeam.com.
Homebuyers qualifying for the $8,000 tax credit are cashing in across the US. It is a great opportunity for many Buyers! CNN has released a map with numbers for each state:
Thinking of cashing in too? Call Becky Smith at 803-804-3375 to help you find the perfect home!
On Tuesday, August, 18, Steve Risser and his Business Associate from Evans Coghill Homes gave our team a presentation on building a home using “Green Practices”.
Steve went over the three elements that benefit the homes that Evans Coghill Homes build.
- Air Quality
- Environmental Impact
Each element plays a significant part in identifying the home as a healthy environment on the inside while reducing the impact of the environment on the outside.
A helpful website that we were directed to is a site that shows environmental related tax credits that a homeowner is eligible for when buying or installing certain eco-friendly products such as a tankless water heater. By visiting http://www.dsireusa.org/, the homeowner can search by state to see which tax credits are available.
For more information on Evans Coghill Homes, please visit their website at http://www.evanscoghill.com/ or contact Steve Risser at 704-277-6590.
The Baxter Village community now introduces the Bring Your Own Builder Program.
They say that when you buy one of the larger homesites through the Bring Your Own Builder (BYOB) Program, you can build your own home or bring your own builder. You will still be part of the overall neighborhood and enjoy the same exceptional amenities, but with more flexibility in design style.
Please visit www.BaxterVillage.com for more information.